- Solar panels are commonly used to convert solar energy into electrical energy to power homes.
- Solar panel installation can help you reduce your reliance on the grid and energy bills.
- Among the several benefits of going solar, the two most important ones are reducing your carbon footprint and saving money.
- It’s critical to ensure your home is suitable for solar panel installation and find a reputable company to install your panels.
It’s possible to reduce your home energy bill and eliminate it drastically by installing solar panels. While the initial investment may be more than some are willing or able to spend, it is a cost that will pay for itself in time as you see a reduction in your monthly energy bill. Depending on your location, you may be eligible for financial assistance programs through state and federal governments. So, are you willing to take control of your home’s energy costs and stop sending money out the door monthly? Solar panels may be an excellent solution for you!
Related: All you need to know to power your home with solar.
What Is Solar Energy & How Does It Work?
Solar panels – made up of photovoltaic cells – convert sunlight into direct current (DC) electricity which is then converted into alternating current (AC) electricity, the type of power used in most homes and businesses.
Solar panels are a clean and renewable energy source that can help reduce your reliance on traditional fossil fuels. And as a bonus, solar panel systems can also help increase your home’s value!
What Are the Benefits of Going Solar?
Going solar has many financial, environmental, and social benefits!
1. Save Money on Energy Bills
Solar energy can help save you money on your energy bills. Solar panel systems can offset a significant portion of your monthly electricity usage, leading to lower energy bills. Solar systems can produce more power than your home or business, resulting in a net-zero electric bill!
2. Clean And Renewable Resources
Solar energy is a clean and renewable resource that helps reduce our reliance on fossil fuels. Solar panels do not emit harmful pollutants or greenhouse gases into the atmosphere, making them a feasible solution to reduce your carbon footprint.
3. Solar Energy Increases Your Property’s Worth
Homes with solar systems sell for more than homes without them. This is because potential buyers see solar panels as a valuable upgrade.
4. Solar Energy Can Help You Be More Independent
Homeowners who use solar energy are not as reliant on the grid as those who do not use solar energy. You will still have power if there is an outage.
5. Positive Social Impact
Solar panels can also have a positive social impact by creating jobs in the solar industry and providing a clean, affordable energy source to communities that may not have access to traditional utility services.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Installing a Solar Panel
It is essential to have a professional solar panel installer install your system. This will ensure that your system is installed correctly and that you get the most out of your investment.
- Make sure the Better Business Bureau accredits the company.
- Check the company online. If you find any complaints against them, look for another one.
- Get multiple quotes from different companies before making a decision.
- Ask for references from previous customers.
- Make sure the company offers a warranty on their workmanship.
- Compare pricing, but remember that the cheapest option is not always the best. Choose a company that offers quality products & services.
Read about solar roofing myths.
What To Expect After Going Solar?
After you’ve switched to solar, you can expect to see a few changes in your home.
First, you’ll notice a decrease in your energy bills. Depending on the size of your system, you could see 20-30% savings on your monthly account. And as utility rates continue to rise, your savings will only increase. You may also qualify for state and federal tax credits, which can further offset the cost of your system.
In addition to financial savings, you’ll also be doing your part to help the environment. Solar energy is a clean, renewable resource that doesn’t emit harmful pollutants into the atmosphere. So, by switching to solar, you’ll reduce your carbon footprint and positively impact the planet.
Maintenance & Care Tips for Solar Panels
Here are some maintenance & care tips for your solar panel system:
- Check your panels regularly for debris or damage. Clean off any dirt/debris that might have accumulated on the panels. And if you notice any damage, be sure to have it repaired as soon as possible.
- Keep an eye on the inverter. The inverter is a critical part of your solar panel system and needs to be working properly to function correctly. If you notice any problems with the inverter, contact a professional for help.
- Get your system checked annually. Like any other type of electrical system, your solar panel system should be checked by a professional on an annual basis. This will help ensure no potential problems could cause issues down the road.
You can easily keep your solar panel system running smoothly for years. And that means you’ll be able to save money on your energy bills and do your part to help the planet simultaneously!
If you’re thinking about switching to solar, there’s no better time than now. With advances in technology and more companies entering the market, the cost of solar has never been more affordable. And with the potential for significant financial savings, going solar is a smart investment for any homeowner.
Are you looking for a reliable solar panel installation company? Look no further than RKG Roofing and Construction (VIP)!
We’re experts in solar panel installation in Fort Worth, TX, and can provide you with the perfect system for your needs. We only use high-quality equipment and components, so you can rest assured that your system will last.