Are you thinking about a solar panel installation on your property? Congratulations! You’re on your way to generating clean, renewable energy for your home or business. But before you do that, RKG Roofing and Construction has a pro tip: get an energy audit!
If your home is anything like most homes out there, it’s probably not as energy-efficient as possible. And that means that going solar might not save you as much money as you think it will. Let us explain a bit more!
What is an Energy Audit?
At its most basic, an energy audit simply assesses your energy usage. An energy audit will help you understand how much energy your property uses, what areas of your property are losing energy, and how upgrading your insulation and other systems can improve your overall efficiency. In short, an audit will help ensure that you’re making the most of your solar investment – and who doesn’t want that?
Why Should You Get an Energy Audit?
There are a few key reasons to get an energy audit before going solar. Below we will mention a few:
- It can help you identify areas where you could be saving energy (and money).
- It can identify any safety concerns with your existing electrical systems and any potential vulnerabilities regardless of whether you are going ahead with the solar panel installation.
- It can help ensure that your solar system is sized correctly, i.e., per your needs, and aligned with your current energy consumption.
- An energy audit will ensure that any necessary upgrades are made to your system before the solar system installation occurs. This provides a long-term energy efficiency strategy and can help avoid energy waste in the future.
- This ensures that your solar installation works optimally to provide you a better outcome.
- Such an energy audit will help to keep that budget intact. Having an energy audit report in hand will help your contractor understand your energy needs better and give you a more accurate quote.
- Without an energy audit, installing solar panels may cause you to lose more in the long run. Instead of saving money, you may find that you are not generating enough energy and invest more money in the system than it should have cost you.
- It helps in providing you security in your energy supply.
In short, an energy audit provides many benefits and is an essential step in going solar. RKG Roofing and Construction believes in guiding our clients in the Fort Worth, TX area towards energy independence. For this reason, we have been providing quality turnkey solar solutions for years.
If you have any questions or need assistance with your energy audit, our team at RKG Roofing and Construction can provide assistance from design to installing the solar power system in a way that is most beneficial to you in the long run.
Get your free estimate or call us with your questions, and we would be more than happy to help!